Asset Africa Institute, (www.assetafrica.co.ke), is pleased to announce the following workshop set to take place in August 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Course Title: Financial Accountability and Budget Management for Donor Funded Programs-with Special Focus to Results Based Allocation & Operational Cost Control
Need for Training
Regularly updating financial managers, accounting officers, grant managers and budget makers/holders with the latest thinking, current frameworks, tools, principles around financial accountability and results based allocation enhances their practical competence’s to implement donor funded programs with demonstrable financial accountability and probity while simultaneously having the ability to design accurate and practical budgets which help improve decision making , operations cost control and assure value for money.
Participation in this forum additionally affords this critical staff an opportunity to share challenges and glean important lessons on donor financial management from peers from a diversity of organizations and implementation contexts.
- Introduction- Project Conceptual Framework, Sources Of Project Finance, Negotiations And Challenges-Donor Disbursement Procedures-Understanding Donor Requirements
- Modern Approaches To Donor Finance Management
- Financial Performance And Accountability– Improving Fiscal Accountability And Integrity Systems To Assure Value For Money(VFM)
- Costing And Cost Reduction Strategies
- Preparation And Interpretation Of Financial Statements And Reports
- Planning For Donor Funds And Budgetary Control Systems
- Project Financial Information Systems, Reporting And Audits
- Project Financial Management In The PCM;
- Accounting Systems, Financial Monitoring And Reporting
- Financial Project Risk Management;
- Capital Budgeting, Financial Analysis And Financial Control;
- Quality Assurance And Compliance Monitoring
- Budget Formulation, Including Medium Term Frameworks And Programme Performance Budgeting
- Results Based Budget Formulation & Allocation
- Budget Execution, Including Cash Management Systems, Internal Controls And The Need For And Limitations Of Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) In Improving Financial Reporting And Accountability
- Cash Versus Accrual Accounting
- Approaches To Improving Budget Policy Accountability-Policy And Budget Monitoring And Evaluation, Including Budget Examination, Public Expenditure Reviews, Public Expenditure Tracking, Impact Evaluations
- Audit And Evaluation, Including Financial Compliance Auditing, Performance Auditing, Internal Auditing
- The Design And Implementation Of Donor Financial Management Reform Programs
- Learn How To Use The Latest Tools For Financial Modeling, Budgeting And Forecasting.
- Action planning-What Does All This Mean To My Organization?
Who Should Attend: Executive Directors, Directors/Finance Managers, Program Managers, Grant Managers, Planning Officers, Budget /anyone involved in the planning and expenditure of externally acquired funds
Dynamic, creative, participant centered, practical, interactive, interesting adult learning methodologies and diverse media are applied to lift the participants to high levels of proficiency. After-training, follow-up and remedial coaching will be offered to interested participants on request for free.
About the Organization
Asset Africa Institute (www.assetafrica.co.ke) -AAI- specializes in the research, design and delivery of high quality and affordable training programs for development workers worldwide. Over the years, AAI has provided consultancies and training to such reputable organizations as: Federal University, Birnin Kebbi-Nigeria, Norwegian Church Aid-Zambia, ACOMIN-Nigeria, Salvation Army-Tanzania, Love Botswana Outreach Mission, Islamic Relief-Somalia, Cornerstone Development-Uganda, IOM-South Sudan, DCA-Ethiopia, Africa Rice Center -Benin, Rwanda Union of the Blind, Sasakawa Africa Association-Ethiopia, Harare Institute of Technology-Zimbabwe, CARE-International-Mali, Mazommo Construction Company-Liberia, CARE-International-Niger, UNDP-Somalia, HEAL Africa-DRC, Diakonia, NGO Safety-Somalia,County Government of Siaya-Kenya, Oxfam GB-Yemen, Generations for Peace-Jordan, CBR Africa Network-Uganda, Victoria Finance PLC-Tanzania, PSI-Benin among, WASH Alliance Hellen Keller International-Mali, ADRA Niger, others.
For more information, contact:
Asset Africa Institute
Trust Mansion Hse, Tubman Road off Koinange Street
P.O. Box 12903 - 00100
Phone: +254 -722 469454/720986965
Email: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org